Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a junior to medior backend developer who wants to grow with us. A lot of experience is not necessary, eagerness to learn is. Although we are a complete Python shop, it is also not necessary that that is your first language. It is important that you are familiar with the intricacies of web development.
- You are reasonably proficient with Python or another server-side language like Go, Ruby or Java (and willing to learn Python of course).
- You can easily set up a web service for a website or an API.
- You can write a clear specification or pitch for changes (yes, writing skills are important).
- You are able to pick up new things quickly.
- You want to work 32 to 40 hours a week.
- You are able to work with a diverse group of people. You’re not a rockstar or code-ninja, you’re a human, of some form 🙂.
What we offer
- Lots of impact on our product, our culture and the solar world!
- Lots of freedom in terms of when and where you work, and how you solve problems.
- A healthy workplace where you regularly work the number of hours you signed up for, and where you are able to get 8+ hours of sleep.
- A fun team that values long-term thinking, self-empowerment and is eager to improve.
- We’re a startup, but nowadays we can offer a competitive salary, depending on your skills and experience. In addition to that we offer Stock Appreciation Rights, so that you can benefit from the growth of the company as well!
- The chance to learn exciting new things, whether that’s frontend skills, GIS systems or server infrastructure!
Do you want to become part of our growing, ambitious and free-spirited team? Please apply here. We’ll get back to you, promised! Degrees tell us less than code, so don’t forget to link to your social coding profile, tell us who you are, what you like to do and what gets you out of bed each morning. Then we can start talking about the possibilities as soon as possible!